benefits of Decluttering
The below list is not exhaustive, but lists some of the benefits
to your physical space once decluttering has taken place around the home:
- Kitchens & Bathrooms will be free from appliances you no longer
need or use – hair tongs, juicers, bread maker etc. They will
be free from expired food / cosmetics and hygienic places to live in.
- Furniture will be used for its intended purpose. I.e. the dining room
table can be used for meal times not as a dumping ground for things
that need to be put away.
- Sentimental items, photographs and keepsakes will be organised and
displayed in such a way that you can readily view them.
- Children’s toys and clothes will have homes of their own, and
family members will be encouraged to help keep areas clean and tidy.
- Systems will be implemented to make sorting clothes, washing, drying
and ironing as time efficient as possible.
- You will have systems set in place to be able to recycle easily, everything
from newspapers, to glass to tin foil.
- You will have filing systems in place for household paperwork. You
will learn to action post at regular intervals.
- Clothes & shoes will be clean, ironed, maintained and kept in
the appropriate places. I.e. wardrobes and drawers.
- Your keys and other objects such as mobile phones, gloves, umbrellas
etc will all have a home.
- You will have systems in place to categorise CD’s / DVD’s
etc and suitable storage for them.
- Surfaces around your house, from chairs to tables, to stairs will
be free from clutter.
- You will be able to enter your hallway, and things will seem under
- You will be able to access all areas of your home inside and out.
- Each item of furniture in your home will serve a purpose.
- You will be able to move around all rooms with ease.
- Cleaning of all rooms will be easier and quicker.
Listed below are some health benefits that you may also experience
as a result of decluttering your home:
- You should be able to sleep better in a clean and tidy environment,
and spend less time worrying at night.
- You will feel more energised to start projects and carry them through
to their end.
- You will feel more able to deal with things as and when they happen.
- You will feel better equipped to deal with life on a day to day basis.
- You will have more time to pursue hobbies and outside interests.
- Your general health may improve, less colds and flu each year.
- You will be equipped to part with sentimental items.